Author Notes: inspired by and adapted from a David Rosengarten tv show on Feta Cheese - Gelfo
- 2 pounds Carrots
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Bulgarian Feta cheese
- salt - to taste
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Cut carrots in thick rounds, boil with garlic and salt for 5-10 minutes. Carrots should be medium cooked - not too mushy, not too crunchy.
- Drain carrots & garlic, reserve cooking liquid.
- In mortar & pestle crush caraway seeds.
- Add carrots, garlic, caraway seeds in to food processor. Pulse a few times. Scape bowl. Add harissa, vinegar, salt. process. Add olive oil, process a couple of pulses. You can add cooking liquid, if desired.
- Crumble feta and mix with a spoon. Taste, revise seasoning, if necessary. Eat warm or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe