If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: inspired by and adapted from a David Rosengarten tv show on Feta Cheese —Gelfo
- 2 pounds Carrots
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Bulgarian Feta cheese
- salt - to taste
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Cut carrots in thick rounds, boil with garlic and salt for 5-10 minutes. Carrots should be medium cooked - not too mushy, not too crunchy.
- Drain carrots & garlic, reserve cooking liquid.
- In mortar & pestle crush caraway seeds.
- Add carrots, garlic, caraway seeds in to food processor. Pulse a few times. Scape bowl. Add harissa, vinegar, salt. process. Add olive oil, process a couple of pulses. You can add cooking liquid, if desired.
- Crumble feta and mix with a spoon. Taste, revise seasoning, if necessary. Eat warm or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.