If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: inspired by and adapted from a David Rosengarten tv show on Feta Cheese —Gelfo
- 2 pounds Carrots
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Bulgarian Feta cheese
- salt - to taste
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Cut carrots in thick rounds, boil with garlic and salt for 5-10 minutes. Carrots should be medium cooked - not too mushy, not too crunchy.
- Drain carrots & garlic, reserve cooking liquid.
- In mortar & pestle crush caraway seeds.
- Add carrots, garlic, caraway seeds in to food processor. Pulse a few times. Scape bowl. Add harissa, vinegar, salt. process. Add olive oil, process a couple of pulses. You can add cooking liquid, if desired.
- Crumble feta and mix with a spoon. Taste, revise seasoning, if necessary. Eat warm or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.