If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that keeps evolving through the seasons for me, and I've made some version of this for years now, but I usually use oranges. In this latest version I used fresh tangerines since we have such a wonderful variety available right now. The glaze is a combo of tangerine juice, honey, butter, and brown sugar with a little sherry wine vinegar and squeeze of lime for an acid balancer that keeps it from being too sweet. You don't have to include the currants and cilantro (or parsley), but it really adds a good contrast in flavors that works well together. - TheWimpyVegetarian
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup freshly squeezed tangerince juice (I used honey tangerines)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon hulled cardamom seeds, ground to a powder
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- squeeze of lime
- small handful of chopped cilantro or parsley
- Combine the tangerine juice, honey, brown sugar, butter, water, the ground cardamom, salt and carrot slices in a small pan. Simmer until the carrots are tender (about 15 minutes depending on the size of your carrot slices).
- Soak the currants in the wine while the carrots are simmering.
- When the carrots are tender, add the currants and the wine, the sherry wine vinegar, and lime. Stir and serve immediately. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.