Author Notes: A Grandma Mimi original. She writes her recipes like stream of consciousness poetry, so it took a long time to translate it, but it's worth it! - linzarella
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 5-6 large carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups matzoh meal
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9"x9" pan with oil. In a large bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, fold in the carrots, sugar, and matzoh meal. Then fold in the egg yolks, oil, lemon and orange juices, and pineapple with syrup.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe