If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Grandma Mimi original. She writes her recipes like stream of consciousness poetry, so it took a long time to translate it, but it's worth it! —linzarella
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 5-6 large carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup matzoh meal
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9"x9" pan with oil. In a large bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, fold in the carrots, sugar, and matzoh meal. Then fold in the egg yolks, oil, lemon and orange juices, and pineapple with syrup.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.