- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 8oz package pitted prunes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Put carrots in a pot, cover with water, and boil until tender but still crisp - about 10 minutes.
- Add the honey and orange juice concentrate, and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the prunes and simmer until they are soft - another 20-30 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch-water mixture and stir until the mixture is further thickened.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe