If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every time I would come to visit my grandma in Powell, Wyoming, she would have a whole bunch of little bundt versions of this cake for me. I have altered it just a tad to highlight my favorite aspects. It is my most requested dessert for potlucks, parties, and lazy days of eating. - Breakfast at Tiffony's
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 xtra large eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups carrot ribbons (I use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture in the large bowl and stir well.
- Add the final 4 ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into 2 greased 9’ cake pans and bake at 350? for 30-45 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. (Just for fun – listen to the oven while the cakes are baking…. You can hear the ‘Snap! Crackle! Pop!’ of the rice krispies.)
- Remove the cakes from the oven and place them on a rack to cool slightly.
- While the cakes are cooling, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- When the contents froth and boil, remove from heat and pour over still warm cakes. The cake is best after sitting overnight to soak up the glaze.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe