Author Notes: Every time I would come to visit my grandma in Powell, Wyoming, she would have a whole bunch of little bundt versions of this cake for me. I have altered it just a tad to highlight my favorite aspects. It is my most requested dessert for potlucks, parties, and lazy days of eating. - Breakfast at Tiffony's
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 xtra large eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups carrot ribbons (I use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture in the large bowl and stir well.
- Add the final 4 ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into 2 greased 9’ cake pans and bake at 350? for 30-45 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. (Just for fun – listen to the oven while the cakes are baking…. You can hear the ‘Snap! Crackle! Pop!’ of the rice krispies.)
- Remove the cakes from the oven and place them on a rack to cool slightly.
- While the cakes are cooling, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- When the contents froth and boil, remove from heat and pour over still warm cakes. The cake is best after sitting overnight to soak up the glaze.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe