If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I find foie gras goes so well with fruit or chutneys, the contrasting flavour is very nice. In this recipe I use roasted figs with the foie gras adding some fleur de sel on the foie gras to enhance it's flavour. I would pair it with a chilled Champagne flute! It's perfect for autumn and winter dinner parties. It's an easy do ahead entrée because it can be made in advance and at the last minute you just add the salad leaves and the vinaigrette. A foie gras block can go a long way, just slice it thinly and if you like, serve with with some toasted bread. - Maria Teresa Jorge
- 4 slices of Foie Gras
- 8 Fresh figs, black
- 8 green salad leaves
- 4 red salad leaves
- 2 pinches Fleur de Sel or Black Salt
- 2 pinches light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 12 Raspberries fresh
- For the Vinaigrette: In a beaker add all the ingredients and process with an immersion blender for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Add the raspberries and process another 30 seconds so you can still see the seeds.
- Check for seosoning and set aside.
- For the salad: Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wash and dry the salad leaves and keep in a clean kitchen tea towel in the fridge.
- Cut the stems of the figs and cut them in a rose, slicing them in quarters but leaving the bottom intact. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and roast in a parchment paper lined baking try for 15 minutes.
- Plate your entrée, sprinkle some Fleur de Sel or Black Salt on the foie gras and drizzle with some Raspberry vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.