If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dulce de Leche, the sweet staple that can be found in every piece of dessert in Argentina. I don’t know any porteños who doesn’t love this sweet, taffy, sticky caramel-like goodness; it is spread throughout the whole dessert spectrum in Buenos Aires. First thing I bought coming to BA was a jar of Dulce de Leche, spread it generously onto my toast the next morning, and regretted. Slowly I’ve learned how to incorporate this valuable caramel jar into my various desserts. This is my favorite of them all: bitter-sweet chocolate cookie, decorated by the caramel color of dulce de leche and finished with a scant of good salt flakes. - FrancesRenHuang
Makes 28~30 walnut size cookies
- 2/3 + 1/3 cups bitter-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dulce de leche/ per cookie
- scant of good sea salt/ per cookie
- Melt 2/3 cup of the chocolate in double boiler; stir in the butter until melted.
- Whisk egg and vanilla together; whisk in a little of the melted chocolate to temper the eggs; add brown sugar and remaining chocolate; mix well and stir in flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or freezer for 20 minutes until mixture thickens a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drop a teaspoon size (walnut size) onto lightly oiled baking sheet; flatten the cookies; go back to each cookie and graze a bit of dulce de leche onto the cookie; sprinkle with a scant of fleur de sel.
- Bake for about 5~8 minutes, or until the caramel starts bubbling; let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes to let the cookie set, then using a knife carefully release the cookie and let it cool completely on the rack.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls