Author Notes: I can't remember the precise origins of the inspiration for this dish. It may have been a Moroccan-inspired recipes. In any case, I think my version is simpler and tastier. It is good warm but also cold and at room temperature. - askann
- Wash and peel your carrots. Slice on the diagonal.
- Saute in a generous amount of olive oil.
- Add a generous amount of crushed or chopped garlic.
- Add salt and spices. Cumin is a good bet. Coriander, ground ginger and cayenne are good too, alone or in combination.
- Stop cooking when the carrots are tender but still firm. This shouldn't take more than a few minutes if your pan isn't really full.
- Add chopped fresh herbs. Try cilantro, parsley or mint. Try one or a combination.
- Add a generous amount of fresh lemon juice.
- Taste. Adjust salt and lemon juice as needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe