If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick pickle, the kind that can be served soon after it's made and chilled. I don't wait that long--I usually serve it while it's hot, as a side dish with fish and boiled new potatoes with butter and parsley. - betteirene
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2" sticks about the width of a pencil
- Combine all ingredients except the carrots in a non-reactive skillet (not aluminum or cast iron). Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low and simmer for three minutes.
- Add the carrots and turn the heat to high. Boil vigorously for 3-5 minutes or until carrot sticks are barely tender. Serve the carrots while hot, or place them in a quart jar, cover with the pickling liquid and refrigerate. Eat within 5 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A master class in recipes.
This is poppin'.