If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by the addictive carrot salad I had at Underground Kitchen, a fabulous farm-to-table restaurant in Madison, WI. It was so good, so fresh and so light -- the perfect antidote to heavy winter eating! Roasted almonds can easiliy replace the pistachios. - SarahKlein
- 5 large carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- Toss the carrot ribbons, parsley and cilantro leaves, rice vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper together until well-combined and glossy. Taste to ensure correct seasonings. Adjust as needed, adding more salt, pepper, vinegar or olive oil.
- Carefully crumble (or dollop, depending on your ricotta's moisture content). Give a gently toss.
- Plate each salad and top with a generous sprinkle of pistachios.
- Note: I use a vegetable peeler or my mandoline to get very fine, long ribbons of carrot. I turn and rotate the carrot as I shave, stopping when I reach the "core."
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.