If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who wants to spend their days ticking off each serving of vegetable? Frankly, that sounds boring, and like work. Who really needs more work added to their load?
Instead of worrying, my advice is just surround yourself with recipes like this that taste so good, you'll find yourself (and your kids) unknowingly, and uncontrollably, eating all 3 to 5 servings in one sitting.
As for preparing the carrots, no fancy gadgets needed—a handheld vegetable peeler works perfectly, and saves time on the clean up. - Jennifer Perillo
- 3 medium carrots (about 3.5 ounces/105 grams), scrubbed clean or outer layer peeled
- few springs of lemon thyme
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel thin lengthwise strands from each carrot, stopping just before the core. Place in a glass microwave-safe bowl, add a few tablespoons of water, cover and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes, or until tender, but still toothsome (see Note).
- Meanwhile, remove the leaves from the lemon thyme, discarding the stems, and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Drain the water from the bowl, toss with butter and lemon thyme. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Notes: You can alternately cook the carrot strands in a pot of boiling water until "al dente". Also if lemon thyme is unavailable or not in season, you can swap in regular thyme and add freshly grated lemon zest, or just use whatever favorite fresh herbs you have available to put your own spin on this easy side dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Style with a breeze.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.