If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is similar to my “Brilliant Autumn Salad” but without the beets. You really should use a food processor with a grating blade when making this, as the roasted carrots can be somewhat difficult to grate manually. You may find it a bit messy, but the deeper flavor from roasting makes the effort worthwhile. I do hope you enjoy this. ;o) —AntoniaJames
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated (Grate it immediately before tossing with the dressing.)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub and peel the carrots. Roast them whole in a baking pan with a couple tablespoons of water, turning them every 15 minutes or so, at 350 degrees, for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on size. When a knife goes easily into the carrots' thick ends, but they are still a bit firm, remove from the oven and let them cool.
- While the carrots are cooling, whisk together the lime juice, mustard, vinegar and salt, in the bowl in which you plan to serve the slaw. Then whisk in the olive oil.
- When the carrots are cool enough to handle, grate them, using a food processor. Then grate the apple. Toss both with the dressing and let it sit for a few minutes. Test for and correct salt if necessary. Sprinkle on the chopped mint and freshly grated pepper and toss again.
- This can be made well in advance. Make sure that it comes to room temperature though before serving.
- I hope you like this. Yours affectionately, AntoniaJames. ;o)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe