Author Notes: Once upon a time there was a local restaurant near my office that served an amazing Broccoli and Carrot soup. I decided to make my own which wound up being a great call since the restaurant lasted only a few months. - AmandaE
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound baby carrots, halved
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until they are translucent, about 5minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and water and turn the heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover turn heat to low and simmer for 10minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for another 15minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the brocolli and cook for 10minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- Using a hand immersion blender, blend the mixture until most of the vegetables have been pureed. If using a regular blender, spoon the mixture and blend. Add the feta cheese and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Once the cheese has fully melted serve with crusty italian bread and ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe