Author Notes: I have been eating more veggies than ever. I like to have veggies ready to go and a la grecque is a great way to have tasty veggies around all the time. I have dedicated a shelf in the fridge for a few small casseroles each with a different veggie, be it cauliflower, when we have them baby fennel, or these carrots. If you need a salad in a pinch you have it on hand. As always the freshest best ingredients you can lay your hands on are going to make the best food. - thirschfeld
Makes 12 or more carrots
- 12 carrots, less than 3/4 inch in diameter, peeled and trimmed
- 2/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- a few grinds of fresh ground white pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a saute pan and bring it to a boil. Cook the carrots until tender. If all the water has evaporated before they are tender add a little more. On the other hand if they are tender and there is more than a tablespoon of water remove the carrots to a casserole and continue to reduce the liquid to about a tablespoon.
- When you have finished step one place the carrots into a shallow sided dish and pour the dressing from the pan over them. Allow the carrots to cool completely then serve or store them in the fridge until needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe