If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am crazy about carrots, any orange vegetable for that matter. The great thing about carrots is they last a long time in the fridge. I always buy a huge five pound bag of organic carrots and have it for a month. So one day I was making my usual roasted carrots and saw I had some feta leftover that was on the verge of going bad and presto! Hope you like it! - singing_baker
Serves 2 as a side dish
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound large Carrots, Halved Lenghtwise diagonally and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 4 Garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta
- 2 teaspoons Parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mint, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil and butter in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When hot put carrots in cut side down. Do not move them for about 8 to 10 minutes. you want the carrots to caramelize on the bottom.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Toss the carrots with salt and pepper to your liking and add the garlic cloves and chicken stock. Cover the pan with foil tightly and put into the preheated oven for about 15 minutes until almost tender. Then remove foil to allow chicken stock to evaporate and carrots to get tender about 10 minutes. Try not to let them get too mushy cooking times will vary based on the size of your carrots.
- Take carrots out of oven and let cool slightly. Squeeze out garlic from cloves. Toss Carrots and garlic with feta, parsley and mint. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe