Author Notes: This is a simple dish. It is the sort of thing that I like to make when winter's brashness begins to slip away and segue into the gentle spring time. I would reccommend serving this either slightly warm or room temperature. - tinymango
Serves 4, as a side dish
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup radishes, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- Place carrots,radishes, butter, honey, sugar, water, salt and pepper in a small pot over medium-low heat and allow to come to a simmer. Allow to simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/2 and vegetables are almost tender throughout,about 10 minutes.
- Add raisins, cover loosely and cook about 5 more minutes, or until raisins are plump and tender.
- Garnish with ricotta salata and mint. Serve. A garnish of mache, baby lettuces or microgreens are also a lovely accompaniment.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe