If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple dish. It is the sort of thing that I like to make when winter's brashness begins to slip away and segue into the gentle spring time. I would reccommend serving this either slightly warm or room temperature. - tinymango
Serves 4, as a side dish
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup radishes, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- Place carrots,radishes, butter, honey, sugar, water, salt and pepper in a small pot over medium-low heat and allow to come to a simmer. Allow to simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/2 and vegetables are almost tender throughout,about 10 minutes.
- Add raisins, cover loosely and cook about 5 more minutes, or until raisins are plump and tender.
- Garnish with ricotta salata and mint. Serve. A garnish of mache, baby lettuces or microgreens are also a lovely accompaniment.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Behind the scenes.
Recipe of the Day
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.