If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love how these vegetables look together on a plate. During the holidays I garnish them with pomegranate seeds. You can use cilantro instead of the mint and any type of citrus and even add some lime and lemon to the orange juice make it a bit more acidic. I used tangerine in this rendition. Make sure to cut out the wood center of the parsnips. - flavoristabarr
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds julienne of carrot
- 1 1/2 pounds julienne of parsnips
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/2 cup freshly squeeze orange juice
- 8 mint leaves, chiffonade
- salt and pepper or grains of paradise, ground
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the julienne of carrots and parsnips and saute until the roots are lightly browned.
- Add the shallots, ginger, honey and soy sauce.
- Now add the garlic and the orange juice. Turn to coat the vegetables well. Let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Place into a serving dish and garnish with the chiffonade of mint or chopped cilantro and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.