Author Notes: I came up with this recipe while preparing to crumb chicken cutlets for my family and found this lonely bunch of young carrots , the last of my weekly csa produce box. Needless to say, they disappeared as quickly as they cooled. - foodfanatic
- 2 cups young carrots
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups vegetable or peanut oil
- Remove carrot tops, leaving a little stalk. Add to a pot of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and dry well.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, chilli flakes and Parmesan. Season.
- Roll carrots first in the flour, then eggs and then breadcrumbs.
- Fry the carrots in hot oil for 1-2 minutes until crisp. Drain on paper towel and serve with the aoli.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Place the garlic in the food processor along with the egg yolks and mustard and process to combine.
- With the machine on, slowly add the oils, lemon juice , and salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe