If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this recipe while preparing to crumb chicken cutlets for my family and found this lonely bunch of young carrots , the last of my weekly csa produce box. Needless to say, they disappeared as quickly as they cooled. —foodfanatic
- 2 cups young carrots
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups vegetable or peanut oil
- Remove carrot tops, leaving a little stalk. Add to a pot of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and dry well.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, chilli flakes and Parmesan. Season.
- Roll carrots first in the flour, then eggs and then breadcrumbs.
- Fry the carrots in hot oil for 1-2 minutes until crisp. Drain on paper towel and serve with the aoli.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Place the garlic in the food processor along with the egg yolks and mustard and process to combine.
- With the machine on, slowly add the oils, lemon juice , and salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Everything's Coming up Rosé
Easy summertime cocktails
Summertime rosé cocktails.
Old, new, borrowed, and blue.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.