If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe in a wonderful Lithuanian cooking blog "Beatos Virtuve". Excellent Recipe! —Ausra
- Puff Pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 pound prosciuto, thinly sliced
- Blanche asparagus in a large pot of salted boiling water for about five minutes. Drain, rinse with ice-cold water and place on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Mix cream, egg and minced garlic in a small pitcher.
- Unwrap and unroll puff pastry, place it on a baking sheet. On the unrolled pastry sheet cut a 1mm-deep slit around the whole perimeter, about 1/2 inch away from the edges (in other words, mark a smaller rectangle wwithin the sheet of puff pastry, cutting only halfway through the thickness). This will be the rim of your tart.
- Bake the prepared puff pastry at 400oF for about 5 minutes, until it is all puffy. Take out of the oven and press down the middle of the rectangle, not touching the puffy edges.
- Lay slices of prosciutto and then dry blanched asparagus in a single layer on a half-baked puff pastry. Carefully pour egg and cream mixture to cover the asparagus. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return back to the oven and bake until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
By the Book
How to cook like the leading ladies of literature
Eat like your favorite literary heroines,
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
A different kind of tomato dish.
The chicest apron around.