If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I thought about this and worked on it. 2nd time was a slam dunk. —Kingochowdah
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 piece white potato washed and sliced thin
- 1 piece sweet potato peeled and sliced thin
- 1 piece rutabaga or turnip peeled and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups carrots peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (dividied)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter and saute onions for about 5 minutes until translucent
- Add wine and cook until reduced by about half
- Add garlic and saute for another minute or two and set aside
- Toss vegetables with cream, 1/4 cup cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper and place in a large casserole trying to layer a bit.
- Pour the onion and garlic mix over all and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the vegetables are tender.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.