Author Notes: Inspired by Beet, Leek and Goat Cheese Tart from Formerchef.com. - jyoungs82
Makes 10" tart
Gluten Free Pastry Dough
- 1 cup Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Sea Salt
Beet and Brussels Sprouts Filling
- 2 Medium Red Beets
- 10 Large Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Rice Milk
- 1/3 cup Mediterranean Herb Goat Cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- pinches Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350*F. To make the dough cream together the Butter, Egg, Honey and Salt. Once creamed add in the flour in two parts.
- Roll dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out on a floured surface. Place the rolled out dough into the tart pan and press to form the dough to the pan.
- Bake the dough for 10-12 minutes at 350*F, or until the dough is lightly browned.
- Filling: With the oven still at 350*F place the beets wrapped in foil into the oven for one hour to roast.
- While the beets are roasting take the brussels sprouts and run them through a mandoline on thick slice. Heat up the olive oil in a pan on medium high heat and cook the brussels sprouts for about five minutes. Slightly browning the brussel sprouts.
- In a small bowl beat together the eggs, rice milk and salt.
- Once the beets are done remove the skin. Cut one beet into small cubes and the other beet into four and then thinly sliced.
- Combine the beets, brussels sprouts and capers and place mixture into the tart pan. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cut up the thyme roughly and sprinkle over the tart. Lastly sprinkle the herb goat cheese evenly over the tart.
- Place the tart in the oven and bake at 350*F for 30-35 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)