If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this for my friend Marcela's Turkish-themed birthday party. You can do any frosting for the top. I made a chocolate tofu one spiked with hazelnut liquor. - Anitalectric
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2c cups olive oil
- 1 cup fig syrup*
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond or hazelnut milk
- 1/2 cup hazelnut liquor (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line 2 8" cake pans.
- Pulse nuts and dry ingredients together in food processor until finely ground and incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flax meal and 1/2 cup hot water. Whisk in oil, syrup, vanilla and milk. Optional: add 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger.
- *(Fig syrup is the excess liquid strained from a pot of simmered chopped fresh figs, agave nectar, white wine and orange zest. The remaining paste is what I use to make fig bars. You can alternately use 1/2 cup of fig jam whisked with a few tablespoons of warm water.)
- Add dry ingredients and fold in until no white lumps are visible. Divide batter between pans and bake about 25 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Once cool, sprinkle with hazelnut liquor. Layer with your favorite frosting and decorate with fresh figs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.