If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is from a vegetarian print-maker I used to work with. Add as much spinach and mushrooms as you like. Remember they will wilt/shrink down. I love them both so I will tend to add a little more. I hope you like it as much as I do. —Holstein83
- Mushroom tortellini (enough pre-made fresh containers for (1) jar of pasta sauce)
- 1 Jar of Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo pasta sauce
- 8 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Bag of Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/3 cup Red Wine (Dry preferred, nothing sweet)
- S & P to Taste
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Grated or Shaved (Optional)
- Boil water to cook tortellini per manufacturer's instructions. Add tortellini when ready etc...
- While water is heating, heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and mushrooms. Saute for about (5) minutes until mushrooms become tender and begin to sweat. Stir frequently.
- Add red wine, stir.
- Immediately add spinach but do not stir. Allow the steam from the red wine to wilt the spinach for about 2-3 minutes than stir.
- Add jar of sauce and stir. Let simmer. Add S&P to taste.
- Stir in cooked tortellini and serve. Top with grated fresh parmesan (optional) and cracked pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.