I romanticize my grandmother’s era. Perhaps I’m a victim of Golden Age thinking, but I think she could teach our era how to host a party, warm up a room, welcome strangers, cook for them and strike up a meaningful conversation. We could better learn from her how to sit down, eat and enjoy each other.
The heart of Vintage Mixer is about a meal, a table and a conversation.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Blood sausage in Spain.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Oatmeal with lots of toppings
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My grandma's Le Creuset pans
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: