I'm a community medicine doc who spends her days promoting healthy eating and exercise in underserved communities.
South Indian by heritage, I've lived, traveled and eaten in many places around the world. My love of all things fruits and veggies eventually brought me to California. BUT my all-time favorite food joint of all time? Anywhere my mom is whipping up some of her genius, healthy South Indian vegetarian food.
For the sake of my future kids, dinner guests, and patients, I'm now on a mission to find my inner chef. Here's to my discovering (and sharing!) the secrets of easy, delicious baking and cooking - with a creative twist.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Strange foods are my daily sustenance.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Veggies, veggies, veggies with lentils. And there's ALWAYS dessert (preferably chocolate-themed).
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My vitamix and electric kettle
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- As many as your table can fit!