I have a confiture business, selling gourmet mustards, jams, baked goods etc. at upscale retails establishments in the Los Angeles area and via my Web site, MyCottageIndustry.net.
Some of my best recipes are from my late mother, a lovely Swede from Minnesota who arrived in California with my father in 1949, bringing lots of Scandinavian traditions and recipes -- and her cast-iron aebleskiver pan, now mine to treasure.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Kangaroo tail soup & chocolate-covered grasshoppers
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I'm never alone, I have two kids. But if I were -- cookies.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My 50-year-old aebleskiver pan.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Eight, including host & hostess