Grew up in Alabama, happy wife of 34years, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. LOVE to cook, garden and shop!! I am not a connoisseur when it comes to recipe development, but my family likes my cooking anyway! Now that we are empty nesters, I plan to start experimenting more with new and healthy ways of cooking. Being from the South, my favorite ingredients are butter, bacon fat, sour cream, whole cream, salt and even ham hocks. Oh, my heart! Do you see the need for change in my life? Well, I look forward to trying some of the fabulous recipes I've seen on FOOD52. My old black irons and my new Le Creuset are waiting!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Tilapia, with wild rice, red peppers and onions - all sautéed in BUTTER!
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My grandmother's black iron Dutch Oven.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- (4) Me, my husband and two more. I love to listen and I love to talk. Too many folks means for a long evening! But 12 is my favorite, because that would be all of the family there at once. AN ALL NIGHTER!!!