I love cooking for family and friends and enjoy every step of the process, from imagining/planning what I will prepare to sourcing out, and shopping for, ingredients, to cooking and serving the meal.
Experimenting with new recipes is fun, and generally amusing, since following directions is not my strong suit and I tend to improvise.
My most recent "accomplishment" was the successful preparation of sour dough starter from scratch (I fed the "mother" 2x/day for 4 weeks!) and baking two delicious loaves of bread (more to follow since I don't want the "mother" to die).
I am very fortunate to have a large garden that my husband lovingly plans, plants and tends. I pick from a wide assortment of herbs, vegetables, berries and flowers. Everything else I need is available at local farmers' markets (Great Barrington, in particular) and the many fine shops in the area.
I also love to travel (and sample other cuisines), attend live performances of opera, chamber and orchestral music, plays, and dance, knit, read, walk, and when I have the opportunity, just relax and dream.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Fried grasshoppers (in Mexico)
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Pasta with whatever sauce I can concoct from my refrigerator
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My six-burner stove
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 8 (or 12, if it's a potluck)