I grew up loving food and cooking in Alberta, Canada. After completing a degree in psychology at McGill University in 2007, I followed my love of food to New York City and enrolled in pastry school. I worked for several magazines including, Food Arts, Wine Access, Up!, Food & Wine and Canadian Living. Now, in addition to testing recipes for Food52, I test recipes for the James Beard Foundation.
For more about me, check out the Behind Food52 page.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Crocodile. It was on a stick.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I cannot deny that its usually cookies.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My spatula with a bump on the handle so you can set it down without laying the head of the spatula on the counter.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Six seems like a good number to aim for.