Mine is a tale of kitchen woe. Mom just couldn't bring herself to cook well, even while she tried. Think green beans, gray. I had to make a lot of stuff up from cooks I saw on early TV, where the concepts just flew by me.
With my calendar open Food52 is one of my first opportunities to communicate about cooking in a communal way, or in any way at all.
Not a week goes by when I don't pick up some clue here that might have come to me earlier, but did not. So I say -- learn, teach, love.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- The horse you rode in on, mister.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- failed experiments, of the "It's alive!" kind
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- refrigerators have lived side-by-side with my family for generations
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- based on an obscure formula regarding confidence divided by time allowed