(Kitchen witch hasn't added any details yet, but kitchen witch is a Food52er now, and we think that's swell.)
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- My father was a hunter so I grew up eating wild game such as raccoons, posseums, and ground hog. Everybody that I knew ate the same things so those foods didn't seem strange at the time. Although I wasn't fond of some of the wild game, I really enjoyed squirrel, which didn't taste wild or gamey at all. I skinned them, so that my mother could cook them one of two ways. Either breaded and fried or boiled tender with gravy and dumplings.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- A big pot of oxtail soup with lots of vegetables. I make it in the morning and slow simmer it. It's done by lunchtime so I eat it for both lunch and dinner. Next day leftover oxtail soup tastes even better.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- A stainless steel 4 quart thick-bottomed stew pot that I've had for over 35 years. It doesn't scorch even when I forget to stir, and food never sticks for easy cleanup. One of the handles fell off about 6 years ago but I still cook in it almost everyday. My husband had it years before we got married, so there's no telling how old it is.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- One, just Elvis Presley and me. No, I'm just kidding. My beautiful husband, our three sons, one daughter, their spouses, and the three grandkids with one on the way. 13 lovely people.