I wanted to go to chef school, so I apprenticed first. I lasted a week. Too much of what we now see on Iron Chef et al. It soured me on the whole being a chef thing. I have my great-grandmother's cookbook, and my grandmother's. My mother's cookbook was destroyed in a house fire. My cookbook is a blog (http://dearmasa.wordpress.com/), featuring recipes from the whole family. I'm not a cook, much less a chef... I rarely cook from instinct, and am terrible about following recipes exactly (except for baking, where it matters). My husband eats everything I cook, and never complains - yet another reason I love him ;-)
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Chuck Wagon dry dog food (with salt)
- What do you cook when home alone?
- if by myself, I rarely cook, I just graze... cheese, bread, fruit, raw veggies
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- a sharp butcher's knife, bamboo cutting board, and the compost pail
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: