I'm a kitchen rule-breaker.
Unless baking, it is rare that i follow a recipe exactly. I can't help it.... my creative right brain takes over and i quickly default to perpetual experiment mode. I am also not a fan of wasting what is already in the fridge, so i allow those otherwise forgotten morsels to push and pull the direction of my meals. It's almost always fun!
Oh, and then there's this silly obsession i have with making colors in my blender for optimum health: ieatcolors.wordpress.com
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Raw sea urchin.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Almost anything left over– sautéed in sesame chili oil with curry. The bottom feeder (mom) can have her fun too!
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- The old spaetzle maker. I can't believe my mom let me keep it!