Before starting Food52 with Merrill, I was a food writer and editor at the New York Times. I've written several books, including "Cooking for Mr. Latte" and "The Essential New York Times Cookbook." I played myself in "Julie & Julia" -- hope you didn't blink, or you may have missed the scene! I live in Brooklyn with my husband, Tad, and twins, Walker and Addie.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Duck tongue (at El Bulli)
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Soft-boiled eggs with toast and salted butter. Sometimes with some greens, if in a healthy mood.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Steel ice cream dishes from France.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: