I'm a British mum, keen foodie and TV producer - sometimes in that order, sometimes the other way around. I live in NYC in an apartment that is, fortuitously, equidistant between Union Square farmers' market and Chelsea Market. Have been a keen cook all my life - my mum and dad ran a restaurant in the UK and our home was above it. So you could say I was born into cooking. When not working and raising my two sons, I love to cook to relax and enjoy perusing the farmers' markets in both Union Square and Rhinebeck NY where my family and I escape at weekends.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Breaded and fried pig's ears, or Bath chaps as we call them in the UK
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Salads, soups and stews. Also gourmet flavoured fruit gelatine - or jelly. Lovely flavours like elderflower and gooseberry or strawberry basil.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My mum's rolling pins.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: