I'm a long-term expat who has been kicking around, mostly, the third world for the last 18 years doing my best to create good meals with what I find, wherever I am.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Whole, boiled goat head, chopped into little pieces with a bush knife on traditional wooden platters. It was dark, it was my first night on a rural Swazi homestead. It was OK, except for the hairy bits.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- rice with kim chee
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- all the little serving bowls I've accumulated over the years.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- depends on the party. 8-10 if I like them, 30+ if I don't--that way I have a good excuse to just cook and only talk to the people I like.