I am a new yorker recently uprooted and landed in Uganda. I have three children we are all slowly settling in to this new life. It is a challenge and a pleasure figuring out cooking here. There is amazing produce but not everything I am accustomed to. I brought some basic unattainable necessities here: maple syrup, a dwindling chocolate supply! I love to be in the kitchen and make something from nothing. For me, cooking is an outlet for pleasure, expression of creativity and love.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I am never home alone! But I love to bake with children when things are slow.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My grandmother's 2 measuring cups, one tin, one glass.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: