I love to cook, but baking is my passion. I have been a reader (and clipper) of the NYT magazine food articles since the '70s, and I was a 20 year subscriber to Gourmet until Ruth Reichl's first issue in which she used "gonna" in the intro to an article. Ugh.
My all time favorite cookbooks are Laurie Colwin's "Home Cooking" and "More Home Cooking," for the writing as much as for the recipes.
My favorite bakers are Nick Malgieri, Carole Walter and Maida Heater, with a side of Rose Levy Beranbaum.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- pasta with butter and parmesan and black pepper; chocolate
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Cuisinart stand mixer
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: