You always hear about American people going to Tuscany and falling in love with Tuscan food, right? Well I am the "other" guy: I am the Tuscan guy who came to the US and fell in love with American food.
Living and cooking in Chicago, I blog mostly about my discovery of American food.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Alive octopus: it still moved in my mouth. Not an entirely pleasant experience, I must say.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Since I moved to the US, I am experimenting with American cuisine, especially TexMex, Mexican and Southern. But if you come to my place for a sudden dinner, chances are you will be eating an impromptu carbonara...
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- The handwritten book full of recipes that my mother gave me when I left Italy, more than 15 years ago.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: