Righto. Born in the States, immigrated to New Zealand, back living in the States for just a bit. Both my mother and grandmother were fine cooks and my grandmother had a restaurant for around 20 years focused on Southern cookery. I followed in the family tradition and had a successful restaurant (not focused on Southern cooking however) in New Zealand, which I sadly sold before the US hiatus. Always a traveller I use food as a way to experience different cultures. I'm a sucker for spices and spice shops, I simply can't pass one by. I have way too many cookbooks than a person really needs.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Fried bamboo larvae.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Creamed tuna on toast.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- A chopping board my father made. (2nd treasure is my set of Le Creuset.)
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: