I have been in the kitchen since at least 12 when I had to fill in for my mom because custom dictated that a woman couldn't enter her kitchen during that time of the month. I also come from a family of a merry combination of aunts, uncles, cousins and sundry who are all die hard foodies. I love cooking for family and friends, for school and have also cooked for shelters. I teach vegetarian and vegan cooking and love to experiment with flavors from every corner of the world. Browsing at ethnic markets and taking cookbooks to bed are some of my favorite food related pastimes.
My latest venture is blogging, please drop by at Vegetarianirvana.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Wood Apple. The name is deceptive, it is a malodorous slimy fruit. I will never ever eat it again.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Something carby with a spicy accompaniment/ sauce.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My smooth, rounded river rock that fits perfectly into my palm, picked up from the Ganges river bank by my mom. I use it to crush fresh pepper, cardamom and spices.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 5 friends.