My name is Tori Avey. I’m a food writer, recipe developer, and creator of two cooking websites: <a href="http://theshiksa.com">The Shiksa in the Kitchen</a> and <a href="http://thehistorykitchen.com">The History Kitchen</a>. I explore culinary anthropology and the story behind the food – why we eat what we eat, how the recipes of different cultures have evolved, and how yesterday’s food can inspire us in the kitchen today. <a href="http://theshiksa.com">The Shiksa in the Kitchen</a> recently won the IACP People's Choice Award for best culinary website.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Sea urchins straight off the boat at the fish market in Tokyo. It wouldn't have seemed so strange if it hadn't been 4:30 in the morning.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Healthy and flexitarian-- lots of rice, vegetables, legumes, olive oil and spices
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My box of hand written recipes, shared with me by family and friends.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: