Former sommelier, first studied wine (and had first wine epiphany) in Burgundy, also lived in Rhone valley, will one day write my brief but long-conceived "bachelor's cookbook," made up of dishes I created over the years as I learned to cook on my own. I'm also a sculler, which is a big reason why I end up so hungry most days. I begin each day with a large hot chocolate (my breakfast), blended from about 5 different dark chocolates, and one kind of milk chocolate.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Cannot yet bring myself to it, but would be testicles (sends shivers up my spine)
- What do you cook when home alone?
- ground lamb "bachelor burger" with buttered & breadcrumbed pasta and sauteed green beans with caramelized onions and lardons, followed by butterscotch pudding topped with crumbled graham crackers
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Pulltaps corkscrew
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: