I am retired from CBS News, having worked in both NYC and Washington DC, my native town. I'm married, mother of three, grandmother of two. I've been a passionate cook since I was a child, and have collected recipes since then. I am shamelessly addicted to cookbooks -- hence my moniker -- but I figure it's not only less harmful than other addictions, but also produces a better outcome for those around me. My family call me "the food lady," so I guess they agree!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- A dead cockroach in a dish of vanilla ice cream at a banquet -- does that count as food?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Whatever I can find in my way-too-full fridge -- or in NYC, take-out!
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My 5-inch tongs, like an extension of my hand, and my antique, well-seasoned, cast iron skillets.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: