I am a cook. I studied at Silwood Kitchen in Cape Town towards a three year Grande Diplome. I spent my last year working at Singita Private Game Reserve in Mpumalanga where I ducked from perilous flying spoons, sprinted from hungry hyenas and watched elephants pick off my entire breakfast buffet.
In 2010 I decided to take a shot at studying journalism, along with anthropology, geography and French. University is that turn- off on the highway that I nearly missed but am mightily pleased I didn’t.
As we're on university vacation, I am currently working as a private chef in a home in Hermanus, a beautiful little town near to Cape Town in South Africa. I adore it.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Grasshoppers. They taste a lot like popcorn, but crunchier.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Tomato and basil sauce from scratch- I'm an addict.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Global chef's knife, microplane grater, kenwood mixer
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 6- 8