I'm a native New Yorker with a decade of experience as a private chef, cooking instructor and food writer/editor; I have a culinary degree from Le Cordon Bleu, as well as a highly practical BA in Comparative Literature (Italian and English). I live with my husband and daughter in Park Slope, Brooklyn, where we visit the farmers market most weekends.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Crickets (in Mexico).
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Grits with goat cheese and lots of black pepper.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Clothes washer (yes, it's in my kitchen).
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 8 total