After spending many years in the restaurant business, I have switched gears completely and now am a stay at home mother of three boys--ages 9, 6 and 9 months. Learning about food, sharing food, enjoying food, loving food --it all defines me. My interest and passion for cooking has been with me for as long as I can remember. I never feel more like myself than when I'm in an apron. I'm always trying new recipes and of course, going back to my old favorites. Food is one of the ties that bind our family. Not only do our kids take interest in what they're eating, they also like to help out in the kitchen. They like my tools, they taste things, and they understand the difference cooking at home makes. We have most meals together at the table which is I think is a very important ritual within a family. I think it helps us stay connected. Nothing makes me happier than when people ask me what I'm going to make, because they're asking because they're interested, but they're also asking because they get me.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- It may not be strange, but I cringe over tentacles
- What do you cook when home alone?
- anything savory or hearty. I love a simple pasta and meatballs
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- my grandmothers rolling pin and wooden spoons, my plates and serving dishes
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- however many you can fit comfortably at your table--for me thats 8