I am a gourmet vegetarian cook. I use recipes as general guidelines to begin my own creative process. My best recipes began as meat dishes that I "vegetarianized." I particularly enjoy creating ethnic dishes.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- I enjoy wild mushrooms, although I would classify them as exotic rather than strange.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- In winter, soups and curries. In summer, salads and veggie nori rolls.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My pressure cooker.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- I find that six people make for stimulating and intimate conversation.